Skillful Hartford Insurance Defense Attorneys
Insurance defense is about 80 percent of what we do at Regnier, Taylor, Curran & Eddy. Our connection to the insurance industry, in Connecticut and nationwide, dates to our firm’s founding in 1936, when we served our first client, the Hartford. We have served as “boots on the ground” locally for insureds, businesses and individuals. While we serve, we also maintain our most valuable attribute: independent thought. Our objective approach can be a valuable asset in disputes which have frayed emotions.
Cases include all claims types and coverage issues associated with both personal lines and commercial lines. The core of our work is personal injury claims, including motor vehicle accidents and premises liability, workers’ compensation claims and wrongful death defense. We resolve homeowners insurance disputes. We handle cases in state and federal courts, and also at the appellate level.
This is a short list of the kinds of cases and situations our attorneys engage in:
- Defective products liability
- Complex claim and coverage disputes
- Trucking accident suits, involving injuries and loss of cargo
- Bad faith defense
- Unfair trade/unfair insurance practices
- “Occurrence” as a trigger of coverage
- Declaratory judgments
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist issues
- Commercial property insurance matters
- Construction torts
- Auto dealerships/garage policies
- Municipal liability, including civil rights defense
- Liquor liability
- Punitive damages obligations
- Special investigations and fraud
- Excess exposure issues
- Advertising loss
- Toxic torts and other environmental lawsuits
- Employer misconduct defense
- Professional misconduct defense
Legal Representation That Understands the Needs Of Businesses
All businesses are subject to lawsuits, and we have represented companies in every area. We have a special affinity for cases involving construction, auto dealers and land use issues.
Our commitment to maintaining lower overhead costs than larger firms with comparable skills makes us a sound choice for insurers, regardless of market share.
Insurers from outside the area find us in the book, or through word of mouth recommendation. Our clients are responsible for most of our referrals. They know that at Regnier, Taylor, Curran & Eddy they will always receive thoughtful, ethical representation with an eye on containing legal costs.
To learn more about insurance defense at RTC&E of Hartford, Connecticut, call our Hartford insurance defense lawyers for a free initial consultation at 860-249-9121, or write to us using our online form.